- My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this December and we wanted to create a unique ring together to celebrate the occasion. We had such an amazing experience from start to finish, beginning with our selection of a lovely pink-violet sapphire stone. The end result was just amazing, exceeding our expectations. Leif has a wonderful ability to take your vision and bring it to life with exceptional craftsmanship and creativity. Thanks so much Leif. This meant the world to us, especially as our original experience 10 years ago with my engagement ring (not from Leif), was less than fantastic. I love this ring :) I am already planning future projects!
- After a few months of diamond research and ring shopping, I decided I was going to buy a diamond online and have a local designer make the ring. I stumbled upon Leif's website, and after a few email exchanges Leif managed to find a diamond from his supplier that was better bang for buck than anything I could find online!
Though I do not have an eye for design, Leif managed to work with me to come up with a beautiful and unique halo ring in only a couple weeks.
The ring turned out absolutely stunning, and has made my fiancee's friends envious!
Throughout the whole process, I never felt pressured. He's down to earth, honest and trustworthy, and his work is amazing!
Although my wedding is a year away, I'm already excited to work with him again to design our wedding bands!
Darcy - November 2012
- My husband and I were visiting Toronto over Labor Day week-end and we came upon Leif Benner while walking around the Distillery. Being cynical New Yorkers, we've never bought jewelry from someone "unkown". I fell in love with a diamond and sapphire ring. While admiring the ring and talking to Leif, we both felt he was someone we could trust. I bought the ring and LOVE it. I had it appraised for insurance purposes and the sapphire and diamonds were exactly the quality Leif said they were. I can't wait to come back to Toronto.....first stop..Leif Benner !!!! Leif, how about coming to NY and setting up an outpost of your store ?
- My fiancé and I stumbled across Leif Benner’s shop while on a trip back to Toronto from our home in Vancouver. We had a lot of trouble finding a wedding ring style that my fiancé liked, so when we saw Leif’s work, we were really impressed with his creativity and unique designs.
We returned to Vancouver and ended up settling for another ring we saw in town, but my fiancé couldn’t stop thinking about the Van Halen ring that we saw, especially when his ring arrived from the jeweler – we were both disappointed as it didn’t have nearly the same wow factor.
I decided last minute to surprise my fiancé and buy Leif’s design. We were to marry in Hawaii, and my father would pick up the ring in Toronto and take it with him. Just before the ceremony, I secretly swapped out the original ring with the Van Halen, and we were married with the ring he loved.
Thank you, Leif, for your willingness to create the ring in less than a week, remotely, to be a part of our special day with this wonderful surprise. Thank you for taking the time to share your design expertise with me. Thank you for offering a lifetime of buffing to make sure the ring sparkles like the day we got married. I look forward to sharing your name with my friends, you’re an absolute treasure and a delight to work with!
- I am the lucky lady who is now wearing both of the aquamarine rings that Leif had on his blog a little while ago.I am completely in love with them. They were originally boring family rings which held a lot of sentimental value but the settings were really not doing justice to the stones. I brought them to Leif (who had been highly recommended to me from a trusted friend) and asked him to come up with some suggestions. Well, as you can see he is a true artist! I couldn't be more happy with the result. My mother (who had given me one of the rings) was amazed and so happy and said if she had know it could look like that she would have kept it! Thank you so much Leif!
- We were visiting Toronto for the weekend and stumbled upon Leif Benner while shopping. What a great find! We had been looking at rings at Tiffany's, Cartier, etc.. but no luck. Leif's modern design caught our eye. He took our ring sizes, made a small card and I returned to Oklahoma. Several months later I order the rings and was a bit nervous about the quality since some time had passed and I couldn't remember all the ring detail. They were PERFECT!!! More beautiful than I remembered. The style is just incredible. I feel so these rings make our wedding even more special because of all the gorgeous detail put into them. The turn around time was fast and he was very helpful and courteous. Thank you so much Leif! I am so so so glad we found you! I'm sending my husband to your website for anniversary ideas so keep up the creative work! :)
- Not only did Leif help me in designing an engagement ring that my fiance loves, he was able to help me do this on short notice so that my proposal worked out perfectly. He made me feel comfortable with the whole process and produced a ring that exceeded my expectations. Dealing with someone that is this good at what he does, is so passionate about it, and genuinely cares about his customer's situations was very refreshing. Thanks again Leif!
- Leif Benner designed my wedding band. Eager, polite and professional, Leif took my original idea and suggested a few other options and together we created a unique and beautiful wedding band made with mandarin garnets and diamonds. There is nothing traditional about it and that flash of orange makes me smile. People often remark how lovely it is. We also had only 7 weeks to plan our entire wedding and with only weeks to go, Leif was able to pull it off. If you are looking for a designer/goldsmith to help create a beautiful wedding band that is not pushy but does give you some great ideas, I cannot say enough good things about Leif.
- We took the opportunity to get in to see our fantastic jewelry designer Leif Benner over the holiday season, figuring he’d be swamped with engagement and holiday orders over December and probably want to take some time off in the New Year…wanted to get our wedding rings designed and ordered so we’ll be sure to have them in lots of time. Leif is going to create a matching band for my gorgeous engagement ring – much to Mark’s delight I’ve asked for the diamonds to go all the way around the band and create that perfect unbroken circle for my wedding ring. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Mark and Leif had a surprising, almost telepathic discussion about Mark’s ring design…I think they had a completely custom ring design plan sorted in about ten minutes, when we’d walked in there with Mark having no idea on what he was looking for. Yup – Leif really is that good. If you’re in the market for fabulous jewelry…go see him. Honest.
Click here to view original testimonial
Mark and Amy - January 2011
- It was such a pleasure to purchase my earrings from Leif. He is so approachable to talk to and has such great ideas to offer. Together we created earrings made up of pink tourmalines surrounded by little diamonds. I love them and love the fact that they are one of a kind! I get so many compliments on them and I recommend Leif Benner to all my friends looking to purchase jewellery. Thanks Leif!
Claire - January 2011
- My wife and I recently celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and we had Leif Benner redesign our wedding rings. I must say Leif was awesome, very friendly, professional and right on the mark for what exactly we wanted. Which was perfect as my wife and I didn't exactly know what we wanted, we had some ideas and after looking through some of Leif's collection we were able to combine different ideas into our new wedding bands. We absolutely love our new rings and people are always stop us asking where we got our rings from. We would highly recommend Leif Benner to anyone looking for wedding bands.
Greg - December 2010
- Leif's clearly enthusiastic about his art, and I never hesitate to recommend him to anyone who's looking for something special in gold or precious stones. He's both a talented designer and a pleasure to work with. Either trait is hard to find, but getting them both together is remarkable and worth supporting. After getting an engagement ring and a wedding band set from Leif, I can't see ever going anywhere else.
Click here to view original testimonial
- Leif Benner designed my engagement and wedding rings, and they are all amazing. He does gold and silver, and works with stones of all kinds. I can't recommend him highly enough."
Matt Nish-Lapidus - Dec 14, 2008
- I worked with Leif to design my wife's engagement ring, which completely took her breath away when she saw it (though she may have been biased :). Leif did a fantastic job and it was exactly what I was looking for at an entirely reasonable price. We enjoyed working with him so much that we went back for our wedding bands, and have subsequently had a few friends use him with the same happy results.
Jay Goldman - Sep 26, 2007